- Explore various healthcare disciplines.
- Healthcare providers can be difficult to access! In our club, you will be able to participate in interactions with different types of healthcare professionals (both in live discussions and by submitting questions beforehand).
- Learn basic medical terminology
- Participate in problem solving, teamwork, and communication activities, all of which are essential in the healthcare field. Teams will be given sample healthcare related-dilemmas and present their solutions in a timely fashion.
- Role play some of the ethical/legal parts of healthcare as we discuss patient confidentiality and more!
- Learn the pros and cons of different healthcare pathways and what personality types may be a good fit for a certain discipline.
- Discover what courses are beneficial to take in high school.
My name is Sue Ann- I’m AJ, Matty, Gracie, and Mei-Mei’s mom. You currently have my daughter Gracie in your high school health class, and you have previously had my son Matty for anatomy. I just wanted to let you know how much my daughter enjoyed your class, and how much her mom has enjoyed your recipes! We absolutely loved the textbook you used, as well as the way you incorporated faith so beautifully into the topics. Even though Gracie didn’t get to attend live, she thoroughly enjoyed the class as well as having you as a teacher. There were times I would walk in on Gracie listening to the recording, or I would see her studying your slides, and I was just so impressed with the material and your passion. My daughter learned so much! In fact, she would often excitedly share her new-found knowledge with the rest of the family, which was wonderful. Some things I really appreciated (as a mom) were how you always had the next week’s class information up early (it was my job to print out homework sheets). This enabled Gracie to work ahead sometimes, which was a huge blessing this year as we were on the road a lot due to a family loss back home in Chicago. We also sincerely appreciated how you always had the recordings up the same day. So thank you, on behalf of Gracie and me, for a wonderful semester. I hope to register my children with you again in the future because I know that my son also really enjoyed having you for anatomy/physiology.