- Full year
- Teacher: Chris Leingang
- Recommended Grade Level: 9-12
- Day and Time: Tuesdays at 9 am ET OR Thursdays at 11 am ET
- Prerequisites: Algebra I; Biology is recommended, but not required.
- Course Materials:
- Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 2nd edition, by Wile ISBN: 978-1-932012-26-2
- Lab Kit available at https://www.homesciencetools.com/product/apologia-chemistry-lab-kit/
Chemistry is the study of the properties and interaction of matter at the atomic level. This course will cover Properties of Matter, The Periodic Table, Chemical Bonding, Nomenclature, The Mole, Chemical Equations, Stoichiometry, Gas Laws, Phase Changes, Acids and Bases, and pH. Labs during the course will focus on making observations, collecting data, drawing conclusions and writing lab reports. An emphasis will be placed on students understanding scientific inquiry, the scientific method, and the resulting science lab reports. While the course and instructor assume the student has some basic science knowledge and math skill, we will review all math and science concepts necessary to this course.