Do you like to eat? Do you enjoy experimenting with new foods and recipes? Do you need plenty of energy for all of your activities?
The Healthy Grub Club is for you! Play with your food with Pharmacist and Certified Health Coach, Amanda Hunter on the second Wednesday of each month from 4-5 pm EST learn the best ways to fuel your body.
We will try new recipes and new ingredients, “healthify” family favorites, practice reading food labels, set goals and help to hold each other accountable via discussion boards and breakout rooms, and see how delicious healthy can be.
Every month, we will:
- Cover a new nutrition topic.
- Debunk dietary myths.
- Have an amazing cooking demonstration.
- Share healthy food “finds” and our favorite healthy cooking experiments.
- Set personal health & wellness goals and report back on last month’s goals.
- Nutrition Detectives – Making sense of the food label and food label claims.
- Eat the rainbow! Many people are intimidated by picking out and trying healthy foods. What exactly is a spaghetti squash? How do you cook it? How do you pick the perfect one?
- Aren’t all carbohydrates bad? Isn’t fat bad for you?
- Must.Have.Chocolate.Now – Sugar cravings, vegetables, and protein? Is there a connection? With holiday treats galore, we will learn how to make delicious treats that won’t lead to regret in January!
- Eating to prevent diseases such as Heart Disease, Type 2 Diabetes, Osteoporosis, etc. Good health as an adult begins with the habits you form today.
- Fueling for physical performance and energy – Do you love to run? Do you love to play basketball? Do you need energy for playing football in the yard with your buddies or chasing your little sister in a game of tag? Learn how to fuel for maximum energy.
- Burgers, pizza, pasta – oh my! Healthy restaurant dining? Learn tips and tricks for making wise choices and create a few scrumptious copy-cat restaurant meals too!
- Healthy meal planning on a budget and recipe makeovers – Bring your family favorite indulgent recipes to redo!
My name is Sue Ann- I’m AJ, Matty, Gracie, and Mei-Mei’s mom. You currently have my daughter Gracie in your high school health class, and you have previously had my son Matty for anatomy. I just wanted to let you know how much my daughter enjoyed your class, and how much her mom has enjoyed your recipes! We absolutely loved the textbook you used, as well as the way you incorporated faith so beautifully into the topics. Even though Gracie didn’t get to attend live, she thoroughly enjoyed the class as well as having you as a teacher. There were times I would walk in on Gracie listening to the recording, or I would see her studying your slides, and I was just so impressed with the material and your passion. My daughter learned so much! In fact, she would often excitedly share her new-found knowledge with the rest of the family, which was wonderful. Some things I really appreciated (as a mom) were how you always had the next week’s class information up early (it was my job to print out homework sheets). This enabled Gracie to work ahead sometimes, which was a huge blessing this year as we were on the road a lot due to a family loss back home in Chicago. We also sincerely appreciated how you always had the recordings up the same day. So thank you, on behalf of Gracie and me, for a wonderful semester. I hope to register my children with you again in the future because I know that my son also really enjoyed having you for anatomy/physiology.